04 November 2008

What I witnessed today......

Today I got up @ 5am. Got in my van and drove to the polls. I talked politics with my 2 Arizona bf's. One a Republican and one a Democrat. I watched the election from my computer, my living room and my bedroom. And as my 7 y/o daughter and my 12 y/o son fought to stay awake..... I watched the First Black President elected to the United States of America.

To say that I was tearful or overwhelmed would be a gross understatement. As the news was announced and my 7 y/o slumbered next to me. I gently touched her shoulder and told her to look at the TV. As she did, her lil brown eyes opened wide and then a very sleepy and soft "Yes" was all she said.

And that is all I have to say. A very sleepy and quiet "Yes". A Yes that change and history and so many things that I could have only dreamed could happen are now happening. The world is changing and FINALLY our country has made it's first step towards change as well.




1 comments:

chanief said...

I know this post is ancient, but I have a question for you, and I am not being funny or facetious, but why do you view Obama's election as a first step toward change in this country? Were there not a whole bunch of small steps leading here, that made his election possible? I would think that this is a huge step, perhaps one of the final ones in equality, why do you view it as the first? {Obviously, since I am white, I have a different perspective, so I can't understand it completely from yours, but I am would love to try.}

 
Template by Exotic Mommie Background Pattern By Fractured Sanity